Come one come all, this is for all expecting and new dads! I’m going to compile a small list of tips and tricks that I feel are essential in the new dad world.
- Ya I’m still not entirely sure what I’m doing yet either
- Yes that’s right I have 3 kids.
- Make a snack for yourself?
- Make a snack for your wife?
- Oh shit that’s right feed the kids.
- Damn the small one got yogurt everywhere.
- Oh great he peed on me.
- Ok bedtime, nope never mind they are playing dodgeball in the room.
- Never mind.
Ok, here’s the scoop. My family isn’t the same as yours, and yours isn’t the same as mine. What works for me might not go over so well with you. If someone tells you that they have the key to getting their kids to bed with ease, do not trust that person because they are liars.
I like to put it this way. Regardless of how your upbringing was, you should strive to do better for your kids then how you were raised. Be the kind of person you looked up to as a child and give your kids a positive example to follow.
Oh I forgot one thing. To all the men out there with young girls: snacks, lots of snacks! They are just like their mother and if they are hungry they loath you entirely but if fed you’re like the goddamn king of the world.